Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surprise!!!! Lets throw some more shit on your plate

I've been waiting for a surprise for a long time, except not this one. I knew I had plumbing issues, but I was hoping it was just a clog and a new wax ring and its a sealed deal. Never the case at the cooplex.


The toilet had to come off regardless, so we decided to do so since we were having trouble getting the snake through. That's when I discovered what lies beneath. There are holes in the drain under the toilet. Hopefully its just these 2 that we can see, but basically the concrete floor is going to most likely have to come up.


In terms of the fix, maybe we can fill them with lead (was someones recomendation) or we'll get the sawzall in there for a clean cut and put either PVC or cast iron/steel pipe on top. I don't even understand what these holes are from. Frozen water would be a good guess, except that would push outward, not inward.


Without further ado, here you go.


1 comment:

  1. possibly from the last guy, drilling a hole sticking a tool in the hole to pry with? I know it sounds stupid, but people do stupid things.
    nice blog.
    -Q

    ReplyDelete